About MSM Group
Through our four leading brands, MoneySuperMarket.com, TravelSupermarket.com, MoneySavingExpert.com, and Ontrees.com, we are committed to providing our customers with the services and products they need to save money.
We provide a place for consumers and providers to come together. We ensure all our services, websites, and mobile apps are easy to use and transparent; we put our customers first.
Find out more about us by clicking here!
Why Join the MoneySuperMarket Operations Team?
The primary focus role of the Procurement Manager for the first 18 months is to design, deliver and implement a procurement strategy and supporting procurement framework for the MSM Financial Group while delivering savings to the company.
The Procurement Manager will be responsible for supporting budget holders to deliver sustainable cost reduction initiatives through effective supplier management and negotiations. This will be achieved through the implementation of robust processes and governance for procuring services, managing contracts and suppliers.
What will I be doing?
- Define and own the supplier management framework.
- Conduct a comprehensive review of the current procurement processes and procedures and make recommendations for change.
- Leading the development of sourcing and procurement strategies aligned to category management.
- Developing the source-to-pay (S2P) policies, processes and procedures for all spend within the scope of Corporate Property, and ensuring compliance.
- Deliver cost reduction projects to support on-going business objectives
- Negotiate and draft contracts or service level agreements (typically up to £5m p.a.) in accordance with Group policy and processes.
- Source a range of diverse products and services including marketing and software
- Work closely with the Operations Director to propose new ideas, agree plans for implementation and deliver positive results - at pace
- Management of allocated suppliers to drive quality standards, adherence to product specifications, and continuous improvement initiatives.
- Support acquisition projects with supplier analysis and savings proposals
- Add value to the business through:
- Analysis of spend data (to identify critical suppliers and potential cost saving opportunities.
- Market research to keep up to date on changing product trends, innovation, price movements and legislative requirements
- Rationalising the vendor and product base to reduce complexity, and deliver improvement opportunities
- Working with appropriate stakeholders, to collate key supplier and contract performance measurement data
- Mitigate risk and drive continuous improvement
What skills and experience do I need?
- Education to degree level.
- Procured software in a similar environment
- Procured media services including TV, agency, google adwords etc
- Strong experience of category management.
- Strong financial and data analysis background.
- Strong commercial acumen.
- Experience in developing procurement strategies (including risk management).
- Technical and commercial knowledge of Corporate Property categories.
- Experience with strategic sourcing and procurement tools and techniques.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Legal awareness.
- Strong stakeholder management
Nice to have:
- Ideally relevant professional qualification.
- Consultancy background
- Retail background