While the UK economy is feeling more buoyant, we know that consumers are still feeling the pinch, and could be saving hundreds of pounds. We aim to help by shining a light on the best ways households can take control of their finances. We are here for our customers, whether through the expert content on our website, our online chat service or our dedicated phone lines, which support those channels, such as energy comparison, where that extra bit of help can make all the difference to a customer’s peace of mind.
Find out more about us and explore our site here
Why Join the Technology Team?
Technology is at the forefront of our business, we continually strive to do the best for our customers aiming to save millions of UK consumer’s substantial amounts on their bills. We are a dynamic team working with multiple stakeholders across the business on both BAU and Project streams.
We are looking for a highly skilled business analyst dedicated to adding significant value to the process of delivering solutions for business and system requirements. Within the Agile technology team, you will demonstrate your expertise through liaising with business stakeholders and the team to identify and elaborate on requirements while gaining a detailed understanding of the business needs and technical capabilities of the product. Yours will be a key role in helping the business establish and realise its strategic objectives around customer engagement and data capture.
What will I be doing?
- Analysis of complex business and IT aspirations
- Work with business stakeholders to determine and define business and system requirements
- Work as part of a team to define strategically aligned business benefits
- Articulation of requirements as well constructed user stories.
- Work with the Delivery Leads, Product Owner and all Business Stakeholders to ensure appropriate prioritisation of scope
- Document all work using the required standards, methods and tools.
- Arrange, prepare and take part in meetings with business representatives and present issues and solutions both orally and in writing
- Assist in defining, planning and justifying initiatives
- Communicate and escalate risks and issues
- Demonstrate flexibility and adaptability in order to achieve team goals and overcome challenges
- Liaise with all sections of the business and technology teams through participation in daily scrums, progress and technical meetings
- Building close working relationships with your colleagues and stakeholders to maximise the success of the team
- Seizing opportunities to expand yours and the team’s knowledge and skills
What skills and experience do I need?
- Analytical Mindset and ability to see the big picture and persuade others to see the same
- Strong oral, written and presentation skills combined with the ability to lead group discussions and explaining complex solutions
- Ability to work effectively in a multi-task, high volume environment
- Detail-oriented and must have an aptitude for solving unstructured problems.
- The role will require the ability to pull data from various sources & to design/construct/execute complex analyses to finally come up with data/reports/proposals that help solve the business problem
- Strong core analysis process knowledge including significant experience in Agile methods (particularly User Stories).
- Ability to elicit requirements via multiple means and to determine their appropriateness to a given situation – e.g. workshops, interviews etc.
- Strong risk, issues and dependencies management experience.
- Excellent stakeholder management and communications skills – demonstrable experience of dealing with business and IT stakeholders at a senior level. Able to communicate ideas clearly
- Be focused on the delivery of value, as part of the team, that meets (or exceeds) the customer’s expectations.