Why Join the Analytics Team?
Travelsupermarket are looking for an analyst to support all areas of our marketing team; SEO, paid search, social, CRM, online and brand. This is an exciting role. We’re small enough to provide great opportunities to driven professionals but with the support of a great parent company; moneysupermarket group. At the same time Travelsupermarket has made considerable investment in data and analytics over the last 18 months moving to a modern architecture (essentially a data lake with pyspark ETL’s into our redshift marts).
We’re building a great analytical toolkit in R, Python, Git and have the ability to move quickly placing our efforts in front of the customers
What will I be doing?
The role will primarily work with our marketing stakeholders although, being a small team, you will be expected to work across marketing, commercial and product teams as required
- Be responsible for all marketing reporting and insight in Tableau (building cubes in redshift should you be interested in more technical work) defining our KPIs.
- Support the team in the build out of new marketing channels, ensuring we have clear data on their incrementality
- Build out and refine our approach to marketing attribution ensuring we are able to optimise our overall marketing spend to best effect
- Create a detailed view of our customers and ensure the Marketing team is clear on who they are and what they want from us.
- Update the team regularly on changes in our brand metrics and market share
- Understanding the value of a CRM customer and the value of the campaigns. What is the probability a customer opens an email?
- Help define and create customer segments with the CRM and Social team for audience targeting and campaign relevancy.
- Identify Customer repeat patterns and seasonality to better enable targeting and forecasting.
- Econometric modelling should we spend on TV, above the line or other media sources.
There is plenty of scope for personal development for example by contributing to the recommended sorting algorithm or automatically classifying images. You just need to be ambitious.
What skills and experience do I need?
- Good knowledge of BI tools including SQL and Tableau (our marts are built in redshift)
- Knowledge of at least one analytical language (R or python preferred)
- Knowledge of google analytics
- A passion for travel and a flair for adventure!
Nice to have:
- Knowledge of git and google big query
- Knowledge of additional data engineering tools