Why Join MoneySavingExpert.com?
MoneySavingExpert.com (MSE) is the UK’s biggest consumer website. It provides millions of users with free, independent, editorially-led information about all things money. The goal for everyone working at MSE is simple – we’re dedicated to cutting consumer bills and fighting hard for financial justice for everyone. We get around 15m Money Savers to our website every month. Our weekly email is full of exclusive deals, tricks and MoneySaving guides, all aimed at helping people make the most of their cash. The MSE Forum is a lively and supportive community, with more than 1.5 million users taking part in 3 million discussions ranging from making the most of your credit card to good old-fashioned thrifty budgeting. In addition, our Cheap Energy Club takes the hard work out of switching energy and saving on energy bills whilst the newly launched Credit Club is a great way of managing an array of financial decisions.
But what really makes MSE stand-out from the crowd is the Editorial Code, which lies at the heart of everything we do. Regardless of your role at MSE, it’s everybody’s job to champion the consumer - and that makes us a truly unique, exciting and rewarding place to work. If you are inspired by what we do or see yourself as a passionate consumer champion, and have the grit and enthusiasm along with the skills we seek, a career in MSE might just be the right career step you are looking for.
Why Join MSE’s Credit Club Team?
In 2016 we launched Credit Club, a revolutionary new credit profile tool providing users with a view of their Experian Credit Score, an understanding of their affordability and an indication of which credit products they might be accepted for, all for free. We are looking to now expand on this tool and create an unparalleled platform that really helps our users understand their financial position better and helps them save more money. The Credit Club team is based in both our London office (alongside the wider MSE team) and our Ewloe office, near Chester, where our development team is based.
What will I be doing?
Reporting into the COO, you will join the leadership team to take an initial proof of concept to the next stage – helping UK adults take action to reduce the cost of their existing debts, access better lending products and effectively manage and plan for a better financial future. You will be consistently driving the delivery of quality product to meet the overall business aims by reassessing, redefining and building upon our existing product roadmap and management framework. This means you’ll be an expert at exploring business models, product/market fit and building software. You’ll have a relentless focus on user needs, you can make priority calls across a complex technology stack and you have a passion for data driven decisions that solve the problems that matter most for our members. You will be keen to work in a demanding environment and be comfortable liaising with and influencing a variety of stakeholders across the business, including the creative and editorial teams.
- Develop, define and deliver a product vision, high level roadmap and compelling initiatives for Credit Club members and future audiences via collaboration with key stakeholders
- Ensure the user is at the heart of the product development process, integrating data, insights, research and market analysis into product requirements to enhance user satisfaction
- Define KPIs and report on relevant performance measures for the Product area
- Work across functions to define and improve lean/agile processes, advocate agile ways of working and a data-driven approach to product development
- Identify emerging and future opportunities for Credit Club
- As part of the Senior Leadership team, help to build a cross functional team that enables delivery and innovation and adopts a rapid test and learn approach centred in the data
- Work alongside our external credit reference agency partner to build a strong combined relationship and an environment to deliver rapid, robust and pragmatic solutions.
What skills and experience do I need?
- At least 5 years’ experience of developing and managing consumer oriented digital products, with preferably 3 spent in the financial sector
- Practical knowledge of the entire product lifecycle, from insight / analysis, roadmap development, UX, UI and data driven approaches
- Passionate about understanding everything about our users, how they interact with the product and how we can help them
- Keen eye for great design and proven experience of delivering simple/clean UX for users
- Analytical – find patterns and opportunities within the data to steer product roadmap decisions
- Tenacity in problem solving abilities
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, able to build rapport, credibility and influence others
- Understanding of the technical architecture of complex mobile applications and financial products with the ability to actively engage with development and technology
- Experience of agile methodologies (Kanban and scrum preferred)
- Line management experience
Nice to have:
- Deep financial knowledge around credit cards, loans plus knowledge of credit reference agency services such as credit scoring and credit reporting
- Extensive Google Analytics knowledge
- Any prior knowledge of Mingle, Trello or Confluence