MoneySuperMarket is a centre of excellence in e-commerce and Digital Media. We have a highly talented team of Technologists who are experts in their field. We are implementing world class technologies, leveraging the very best of open source and proprietary technologies to deliver the very best solutions for our customers. People are at the heart of our business and we are looking to expand our team with like-minded individuals who share our passion for building great technology to make a positive difference for customers.
We have an exciting opportunity for a DevOps Engineer to work across Development and Operations teams to ensure that we design, engineer and deliver web application platforms to support the rapid and safe development and release of high quality code. Working with the broader DevOps team you will enable the delivery of world-class web applications, on time, to business requirements which are maintainable, scalable, resilient and portable. You will automate the end to end deployment process, taking responsibility for compute, storage, network, security, scalability, resilience, load balancing, failover, deployment and monitoring. This is a ‘hands on’ technical role through which you will establish and drive best practice and live the mantra to ‘automate all things’.
We are looking for someone that shares our passion to provide our customers with exceptional customer service and is keen to progress and react rapidly within a fast-paced, service-orientated environment. You should have the ability to maintain effective working relationships, communicate clearly and actively contribute to the team and its development. You should show dedication and commitment to ensure work is completed within timescales and exhibit a high level of initiative at all times by thinking outside of the box and not be afraid to take risks.
- Design and maintain a “one-click” deployment pipeline using a combination of Jenkins, RightScale and Puppet
- Design a secure, scalable, operationally robust infrastructure (primarily on AWS).
- Develop solutions that are cloud-agnostic where possible. Ensuring you design solutions with a balance on operations and development.
- Continuously improve and refine the build and deployment process.
- Own the development, QA, staging and production environments and deployments
- Provide leadership on best technology and process practice to drive the development teams forward
- Empower your delivery teammates by helping them help themselves
- Provide 3rd line support, including out of hours on-call
Key skills and Experience
- Redhat / CentOS
- Puppet / Shell
- Building Continuous Integration / Delivery Pipelines in Jenkins
- Amazon AWS (EC2, Route 53, ELB, S3)
- Strong sysadmin coding skills
- Software build tools – Maven, SBT, Git
- Open source monitoring tools
- Host networking – subnets/routing, firewalls, DNS/DHCP
- Ability to demonstrate the design and support of a robust build, deployment and configuration management system for multi-tier applications
- Worked within environment of 100s of virtual machines preferably in a public cloud environment
- Worked within fast paced entrepreneurial company and able to balance the need for ‘speed to market’ with stable systems maintained through procedures and documentation
- Administering applications servers, servlet containers and web servers (Apache Tomcat, DropWizard, Play, Nginx, Apache HTTP server)
- NoSQL databases, caching and queuing technologies (MongoDB, Elasticsearch, Redis)
- Secured applications and OS’s to ensure high levels of security
- Big Data platforms, data warehousing
- Testing tools (cucumber-js, junit, Selenium)
- Experience with system performance testing including JVM tuning
- Used to working within software delivery teams and alongside infrastructure/operations teams
- Computer science related degree
For more information on other vacancies/news surrounding the technology team, please visit http://tech.moneysupermarket.com.