While the UK economy is feeling more buoyant, we know that consumers are still feeling the pinch, and could be saving hundreds of pounds. We aim to help by shining a light on the best ways households can take control of their finances. We are here for our customers, whether through the expert content on our website, our online chat service or our dedicated phone lines, which support those channels, such as energy comparison, where that extra bit of help can make all the difference to a customer’s peace of mind.
Find out more about us and explore our site here
Why join the Group Business Intelligence and Decision Support Team?
The Business Intelligence team provide the data and reporting needs for MoneySupermarket Group. The team are responsible for managing, maintaining and developing multiple BI tools including Tableau, Board and Workday, as well as delivering subject matter and data expertise to the business on demand.
This role offers the opportunity to work in the Group Data Analytics environment, significantly contributing to the efficient and effective delivery of new projects and changes for the business. The role involves interaction with many teams across the company.
What will I be doing?
- Working closely with the Developers and Analysts, you will form a team responsible for consultative expertise, report development and quality control for MoneySuperMarket Group reporting.
- Collect, centralize, and prioritize data quality issues relayed by Business Intelligence end-users and other Business Intelligence stakeholders in the organisation
- Proactively improving the quality of company reporting
- Provide guidelines and good practices to proactively ensure data quality for new Business Intelligence projects
- Providing a high level of data quality awareness across multiple staff profiles
- Interpret, document and present data driven insights to support business decisions, providing conclusions and recommendations
- Review referential and historical integrity of Data Warehouse data
- Solutions built must be robust, secure and meet high performance standards. Demonstrable knowledge in the review of other colleagues work as well as your own.
- Prepare and consolidate data for established, periodic review and maintain data quality dashboards.
- Identifies, communicates and endeavours to resolve data gaps that impact the fulfilment of the business’ functional requirements.
- Play a critical role in the use and understanding of data across all current platforms, and the EDW. This role will have a direct impact on the BI tools for MoneySuperMarket Group to assist in the business being able to make data driven and informed decisions Attention to detail and has a “data stewardship" attitude.
What skills and experience do I need?
- Relevant Data Analyst experience.
- Experience with database tools and direct SQL access
- Experience with reporting or analytics platforms
- Experience with large transactional data volumes
- Excellent problem solving and root cause analysis skills
- Strong analytical and numerical skills, demonstrable understanding of data
- Efficiently and accurately create and manage stored procedures
Nice to have:
- Knowledge of different ETL approaches
- Knowledge of data management platforms
- Experience in developing dashboards in multiple reporting platforms
- Administrative experience in reporting/visualisation tools
- Has knowledge and experience of the Financial Services industry.