MoneySuperMarket.com (MSM.com) is the UK’s leading price comparison website. We provide free, online tools to help people manage, save and grow their money, by enabling them to compare and switch Insurance, Money and Home Services products from more than 900 providers.
MSM.com is part of the Moneysupermarket Group PLC, an established member of the FTSE 250 index. In 2016, we helped seven million families save an estimated £1.8bn on their household bills, including 1.6m people who switched their credit cards and loans, and 600,000 households that switched their energy supplier.
Find out more about us and explore the site at: http://corporate.moneysupermarket.com/our-brands/moneysupermarket.
Why join the Consumer Affairs & PR Team?
The Consumer Affairs & PR team is responsible for promoting and protecting the reputation of MSM.com. As an ambassador for the team, the Corporate Affairs Manager will have the ability to build rapport and energise, engage and enthuse people inside and outside the business, from MPs to media to the management team.
MSM.com’s business is fast moving. We operate in politically high-profile, highly regulated markets that are susceptible to change, so we need a Corporate Affairs programme that drives awareness, education and advocacy among stakeholders in Westminster and beyond, and complements our press office activity.
The Corporate Affairs Manager will report directly to the Head of Consumer Affairs & PR, who is a member of the Marketing Leadership Team at MSM.com.
Corporate Affairs is broken down into four key areas at MSM.com:
- Regulatory Affairs, which involves working with the Risk, Legal and Commercial teams to respond to consultations that shape legislation and regulation that could have a material impact on our business.
- Public Affairs, which focuses on building an influential network of stakeholders by engaging them on our key areas of interest, including energy, open data and auto-renewals.
- Issues Management, which involves tracking and responding to political and regulatory opportunities and risks for MSM.com, particularly where they have the potential to cross over into media.
- Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR), an emerging area for MSM.com, where there’s an opportunity to help shape the strategy and programme for 2018.
MSM.com actively encourages collaboration across the business. As such, the Corporate Affairs Manager will work closely with key internal stakeholders, such as the Chief Commercial Officer, the Commercial Directors, the Chief Risk Officer and the Group General Counsel, and also have regular opportunities to work in cross-functional Marketing teams to develop his or her knowledge in disciplines such as Digital, Brand, Content and CRM.
What will I be doing?
- Support the Head of Consumer Affairs & PR with devising the annual Corporate Affairs strategy, in line with our business objectives
- Implement the Corporate Affairs strategy, tracking and evaluating progress on a quarterly basis
- Support the Chief Risk Office and Group General Counsel with Regulatory Affairs, by collating information from across the business and copywriting our responses to consultations
- Build and manage MSM.com’s relationships with external stakeholders through a Public Affairs engagement programme, to include networking, events and research
- Monitor the political and regulatory issues of relevance to MSM.com, working closely with the relevant internal stakeholders to quickly formulate strategies in response
- Work closely with the PR Manager to identify opportunities in the political or regulatory agenda to generate media coverage (a recent example would be commenting on the Conservative manifesto proposal for an energy price cap)
- Manage the day-to-day relationship with MSM.com’s retained Public Affairs agency
- Help to define the CSR strategy for MSM.com and launch the programme in 2018
What skills and experience do I need?
- Educated to degree level, with a professional background in Public Affairs
- Experience of devising and delivering an annual Corporate Affairs or Public Affairs strategy
- A structured approach to planning and processes, including a proven ability to track and meet targets
- The ability to build trust and win the confidence of senior internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent writing skills, including the ability to structure and substantiate a persuasive argument
- The capacity to understand and analyse data
- Some knowledge and experience of the financial services and / or energy industries
- A flexible approach to the role and an appetite for integrated working, particularly with the press office, as part of a growing team with an evolving remit
Nice to have:
- Some relationships with stakeholders of relevance to MSM.com
- Some experience of managing an agency
- An interest in CSR
- An appetite to learn more about other disciplines of Marketing