Interim Financial Accountant
This is a fixed-term contract that will last between 3 and 4 months.
About MSM Group
Through our four leading brands, MoneySuperMarket.com, TravelSupermarket.com, MoneySavingExpert.com, and Ontrees.com, we are committed to providing our customers with the services and products they need to save money.
We provide a place for consumers and providers to come together. We ensure all our services, websites, and mobile apps are easy to use and transparent; we put our customers first.
Find out more about us by clicking here!
Why Join the Transactional Finance Team?
We look after the transactional accounting, tax and treasury for the whole group. We are currently in the process of implementing a new Finance and HR system, Workday. In order to support this change, the Group is looking for a financial accountant to provide the following on an interim basis:
Assistance with the Group half year end financial reporting process.
Maintenance of Balance Sheet Control accounts on a monthly basis for the various Group companies.
Collation, performance and review of monthly internal controls testing, including design and testing of key controls to minimise the risk of fraud, error or mis-statement.
Assistance with the testing phase for the implementation of our new Workday system in the Financial Accounting and General Ledger area.
What will I be doing?
- Assist the group with the half year-end financial reporting process, contributing to production of the Group’s IFRS consolidated accounts where possible.
- On a monthly basis responsible for creation of a “month end file”, including all Balance Sheet reconciliations.
- On a monthly basis conduct a cycle of internal controls testing, collate the results from other testers and review submitted supporting evidence in order to report on compliance to senior Finance management and Internal Audit. This reporting will also form the basis of feedback to the Audit Committee.
- Develop and improve controls within Finance, liaising with other business areas as necessary.
- Involved in testing for new Workday implementation
What skills and experience do I need?
- Analytical individual with sound technical accounting skills and good problem solving abilities
- Strong knowledge of internal control environments
- Strong Balance Sheet control experience
- Strong Excel skills
- Strong communication (written and verbal) skills
Nice to have:
- Audit/internal audit experience
- Knowledge of different finance systems to be able to draw on experiences elsewhere
- Newly qualified or P/Q ACA or ACCA