Delivery Lead - Manchester or Ewloe
While the UK economy is feeling more buoyant, we know that consumers are still feeling the pinch, and could be saving hundreds of pounds. We aim to help by shining a light on the best ways households can take control of their finances. We are here for our customers, whether through the expert content on our website, our online chat service or our dedicated phone lines, which support those channels, such as energy comparison, where that extra bit of help can make all the difference to a customer’s peace of mind.
Find out more about us and explore our site here
Why Join the Energy Services Team?
The Energy Services team supports the back end of all our Energy channels on our MoneySupermarket websites and mobile apps and MoneySavingExpert website. They build and delivery the services connecting the front end clients to the back end data systems.
The team is currently working on completing the migration of our legacy platform to a new platform using open source and best of breed technologies.
We are now looking to complete the migration and build a continuous delivery team for Energy services. We need a strong Delivery Lead, ideally with Services/SAS delivery experience to lead, build and develop the team.
This is an exciting opportunity to use your skills on an important strategic project in a fast changing environment on a fully cloud based platform with exposure to a number of business areas.
What will I be doing?
- The role of the Delivery Lead concentrates on end-to-end delivery, governance and quality within all projects and initiatives both in Technology and the wider business. The successful candidate will have experience of Agile delivery management to deliver a pipeline of work: challenging ways of working; strong stakeholder management and communication skills; and line management experience.
- All Technology projects at MoneySupermarket Group follow an Agile method and the role holder needs to have an in-depth understanding and experience of the challenges and opportunities which this brings.
- The Delivery Lead will work closely with the Product Owner to improve Product Owner effectiveness helping them find ways to maintain and manage the Product Backlog and release plan
- The Delivery Lead will support the agile team(s) to achieve high levels of throughput and consistent flow; to hold each other accountable to high standards; to follow best practice such as continuous integration, automation tests, TDD, BDD.
- The Delivery Lead will work closely with the Commercial and Partner teams to maintain the products offered by MoneySuperMarket and deliver accurate pricing. The Delivery Lead will take the lead on developing and continually improving ways of working across the teams and partners.
- The Delivery Lead will have responsibility for resourcing and budgeting and should be able to demonstrate that they can produce budget, resource and delivery plans and manage to plan.
The person we seek must have the skills below but just as important is the ability to be positive, adaptable, have a can-do attitude, be pro-active and communicate clearly with a variety of fellow employees and teams.
What skills and experience do I need?
- Manage a pipeline of work taking complete accountability for the delivery.
- Coordinate and manage resource, budget, risks and issues, and priorities across initiatives and projects.
- Manage one or more agile delivery teams working across initiatives/projects.
- Operate effective project governance, ensuring appropriate representation and engagement with key stakeholders across the business.
- Ensure that adequately skilled resources are assigned to each initiative/project (not only within Delivery, but also the rest of Technology and the Business).
- Work with the Product Owner to structure the project and create an overall plan that accurately captures the full scope of the requirements and business change.
- Ensure timely and robust challenge of the business case and project assumptions as required.
- Produce accurate and complete project reporting according to the prevalent reporting cycle in addition to providing day-to-day information for stakeholders as required.
- Work with the Business Analyst, Product Owner and all Stakeholders to ensure appropriate prioritisation of scope.
- Identify and manage risks, issues and constraints, escalating those that cannot be resolved within the project to the Delivery Manager or Stakeholders (depending on the nature of the issue).
- Work with the delivery teams and other Delivery Leads to proactively manage cross project and team dependencies and constraints for the overall benefit of MSM.com, making use of peaks and troughs in work as appropriate.
- Track each initiative/project to ensure adherence to prevalent development methodologies.
- Engage with all parts of MoneySupermarket Group as appropriate in the delivery of the initiative/project.
- Review and quality assure initiative/project deliverables.
- Manage third party suppliers and partners as appropriate.
- Motivate and influence delivery teams towards successful delivery.
- Perform any other reasonable requirements consistent with this level of role.