Why Join the Performance Marketing Team?
The Performance Marketing team is responsible for the majority of traffic and revenue into the site. Through this role you will straddle two of the channels within the team – Performance Media and Affiliates.
SEM is currently the second highest revenue-generating lever within the company and over the last year performance has grown substantially. We are now looking to grow further by expanding into channels we have previously not invested in.
Affiliates launched in June 2017 and is already proving a success. It has a huge amount of potential to become a significant profit-driving channel for the business.
We pride ourselves on our performance marketing ability. We may only have a small team but our ambition is unparalleled.
Why This Role?
This role gives a performance marketing aficionado the opportunity to work across two high profile channels.
We have the ambition to grow our SEM offering beyond our core channels and this role will be responsible for the management and growth of these new channels.
Our affiliate offering is very new and you will work closely with the Performance Media Manager and Head of Performance Marketing to grow this channel and ensure we are working with the best partners.
Reporting into the Performance Media Manager you will assist them in running and optimising our paid media channels across our site and growing our affiliates offering.
What will you be doing?
Overall purpose of the role:
To support the delivery of the SEM and affiliates campaigns for TravelSupermarket.com. Working across all biddable and audience addressable media channels including performance display and PPC, and affiliates, to deliver performance campaigns to meet business objectives across customer, revenue, gross profit and margin KPIs
- Responsible for SEM campaign maintenance and expansion across major search engines. This includes account audits, keyword optimisation and mining, ad copy creation, device optimisation and audience bidding
- Manage KPIs to consistently hit monthly targets
- Responsible for driving account A/B testing and measuring results
- Providing data insights and analysis to improve account efficiencies and drive return on investment
- Responsible for the day to day management and performance of our affiliate channel with our affiliate network and partners
- Ensure all tracking is correctly implemented and transactions are being validated accurately
- Manage creative assets and publishing regular communications to partners
- Negotiate commission rates for premium partners and ensure we partner with all relevant publishers
- Utilise TravelSupermarket’s technology stack to deliver customer centric results
- Work closely with all business teams to drive efficiency and performance through cross department optimisation e.g. Commercial, Finance
- Keep up-to-date with industry knowledge by attending relevant training as part of your ongoing learning and development
What do you need to excel in this role?
Essential skills and experience:
- Performance/ biddable media (SEM) experience (6-12 months) gained working for a media agency, technology vendor or publisher
- Experience of using both Google Adwords and Bing Ads platforms
- Experience of using bidding platforms such as Marin, Kenshoo or DoubleClick
- Experience working with an affiliate programme (in-house or agency)
- Use of an affiliate platform such as AWIN, Rakuten
- Experience negotiating affiliate commission rates
- Analytical experience across Google Analytics (or similar) with an ability to demonstrate deep understanding of data and campaign analysis
- Excellent Excel skills - comfortable with manipulating data sets (pivot tables etc.)
- Confident communicator with strong verbal, written communication skills and good presentation skills
- Organised and detail orientated with a logical approach to problem solving and querying data
- Ability to work well under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Relaxed, calm and easy going – we like to have fun while we work
Nice to have:
- GAP qualified
- Understanding of performance display technology (DMPs) and paid social
- Experience using AWIN
- Managed external relationships