While the UK economy is feeling more buoyant, we know that consumers are still feeling the pinch, and could be saving hundreds of pounds. We aim to help by shining a light on the best ways households can take control of their finances. We are here for our customers, whether through the expert content on our website, our online chat service or our dedicated phone lines, which support those channels, such as energy comparison, where that extra bit of help can make all the difference to a customer’s peace of mind.
Find out more about us and explore the site at: http://corporate.moneysupermarket.com/our-brands/moneysupermarket
Why Join the UX & Design Team?
The User Experience Manager is responsible for researching and designing a first-class user experience for MoneySuperMarket. You will work in a cross functional agile team to innovate and assist with recommendations for the site and other platforms, from concepts through to the delivery of industry-leading products.
The role will include:
- Working collaboratively in a cross functional dual track agile team (product, technology, commercial etc) to deliver industry leading products which are loved by our customers
- Working with stakeholders to understand business/commercial objectives
- Working closely with UX designers, UI designers and internal stakeholders through each stage of the design lifecycle (internal resource and external agencies)
- Developing innovative ideas, designs and propositions to engage with our customers
- Engaging in a program of ongoing user research and learning to enhance existing journeys and deliver commercial objectives
- Creating industry-leading, customer orientated design and validate decisions through user testing or other appropriate methods
- Working with a team of UX Managers, embedding a customer centric way of thinking in the wider Product team and business as a whole
What will I be doing?
- Be the UX Lead on one or more of our core channels and take ownership of UX decisions.
- Responsible for delivering high quality user experience, design and content on Moneysupermarket.com and other platforms
- Create user flows, journeys and experience decisions alongside other documentation as required
- Be the voice of the customer within the Channel Product Team
- Work with internal and external design & tech resource – including external agencies as needed
- Work with internal and external usability testing agencies and manage those sessions
Primary location is Ewloe (Chester) with occasional days in Manchester. Some weekly travel may be required to London.
What skills and experience do I need?
- Currently working in either a UX/Design consulting or agency-side role, or currently working as an in-house expert in this area
- Have a proven track record working on industry-leading customer orientated design projects
- Be able to provide examples of previous work (either commercial or personal)
- Extremely passionate about usability and making empathic user-centred design decisions
- Strong theoretical and practical user-centred design skills
- Persuasive speaking, presentation and negotiation skills to influence stakeholders
- Ability to facilitate workshops, design sprints and other collaborative sessions
- Experience of working with Technology and Business stakeholders, as well as alongside other interaction and graphic designers
- Experience of working in cross functional agile teams, preferably dual track agile
- Strong attention to detail
- Understanding & experience of working with pattern/component libraries contributing to a consistent design language
- Time management and product management awareness for on-going design projects
- Ability to consistently learn from data & research to aid product design decisions to achieve better customer outcomes and pivot if necessary
- Experience and knowledge designing for A/B and multivariate testing process
Nice to have:
- A degree in a HCI related discipline, design or significant industry experience
- Knowledge of Lean UX, Lean startup, Design Thinking, Kanban and dual track agile discovery & development processes
- Proficient using some or all relevant software & tools – Sketch, Axure, Omnigraffle
- Experience of using Zeplin, Craft or similar for providing design documentation
- Working knowledge of Invision, Marvel or similar for the creation of clickable prototypes
- Knowledge and awareness of how to build web pages using HTML and CSS
- Knowledge of animation & motion specifically when designing for interaction
- Awareness & familiarity of persuasion, emotion & trust psychology and cognitive biases
- Experience of information architecture, user journey mapping, conversion rate optimisation etc.
- Experience in planning, running, analysing and reporting on user research sessions, then using this information to recommend practical and achievable changes
- Experience of managing relationships with external digital and user research agencies
- You must be a clear communicator & self-motivated
- You will be comfortable with the idea of being an internal advocate of usability and design and owning the customer experience
- You will have a creative mind-set, and be comfortable sketching interfaces or brainstorming ideas on paper
- You will have strong problem-solving skills, and be able to think of validated alternative solutions quickly
- You must be confident & articulate and be able to lead workshops and meetings with senior stakeholders
- You must be humble and accept that you don’t have all the answers