DevOps Engineer - Manchester or Ewloe
While the UK economy is feeling more buoyant, we know that consumers are still feeling the pinch, and could be saving hundreds of pounds. We aim to help by shining a light on the best ways households can take control of their finances. We are here for our customers, whether through the expert content on our website, our online chat service or our dedicated phone lines, which support those channels, such as energy comparison, where that extra bit of help can make all the difference to a customer’s peace of mind.
Find out more about us and explore our site here
Why Join the DevOps Team?
DevOps Engineers work across Development and Operations teams to ensure that we design, engineer and deliver web & data application platforms to support the rapid and safe development and release of high quality code. Working in the Data teams and also with the broader DevOps team you will enable the delivery of world-class data applications, on time, to business requirements which are maintainable, scalable, resilient and portable.
You will automate the end to end deployment process, taking responsibility for compute, storage, network, security, scalability, resilience, load balancing, failover, deployment and monitoring. This is a ‘hands on’ technical role through which you will establish and drive best practice and live the mantra to ‘automate all things’.
MoneySuperMarket is a centre of excellence in e-commerce and Digital Media. We have a highly talented team of Technologists who are experts in their field. We are implementing world class technologies, leveraging the very best of open source and proprietary technologies to deliver the very best solutions for our customers. People are at the heart of our business and we are looking to expand our team with like-minded individuals who share our passion for building great technology to make a positive difference for customers. If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you!
What will I be doing?
- Design and build a “one-click” deployment pipeline using a combination of Jenkins, RightScale and Puppet
- Design a secure, scalable, operationally robust infrastructure (primarily on AWS).
- Develop solutions that are cloud-agnostic where possible. Ensuring you design solutions with a balance on operations and development.
- Continuously improve and refine the build and deployment process.
- Own the development, QA, staging and production environments and deployments
- Provide leadership on best technology and process practice to drive the development teams forward
What skills and experience do I need?
- Jenkins / Hudson
- Puppet / Vagrant / Shell / Bash
- Building Continuous Integration / Delivery Pipeline in Jenkins
- Amazon AWS (EC2, ELB, S3, RDS, IAM)
- Redhat / CentOS
- Provisioning and deploying auto-scaling solutions in AWS
- Strong sysadmin coding skills
- Understanding of software configuration issues
- Software build tools – Maven, SBT
- SCM tools and management
- Enterprise-class open source monitoring tools
- Hypervisors and storage
- Data encryption
- Host networking – subnets/routing, firewalls, DNS/DHCP
- Ability to demonstrate the design and support of a robust build, deployment and configuration management system for multi-tier applications
- Worked within environment of 100s of virtual machines
- Worked within fast paced entrepreneurial company and able to balance the need for ‘speed to market’ with stable systems maintained through procedures and documentation
- Implemented services in Cloud environment (IAAS, PAAS, or SAAS)
- Proven problem solving and analytical skills
Nice to have:
- MySQL, PostgreSQL, Vertica, MongoDB or any NoSQL
- SOS JobScheduler
- Java / JVM tuning
- Testing tools (cucumber-js, junit)
- Administering applications servers, servlet containers and web servers (WebSphere, Apache Tomcat, Jetty, Nginx, Apache HTTP server)
- Big Data platforms, data warehousing
- Openstack private cloud
- Experience with system performance testing and tuning