Why Join MoneySavingExpert.com?
MoneySavingExpert.com (MSE) is the UK’s biggest consumer website. It provides millions of users with free, independent, editorially-led information about all things money. The goal for everyone working at MSE is simple – we’re dedicated to cutting consumer bills and fighting hard for financial justice for everyone. We get around 15m Money Savers to our website every month. Our weekly email is full of exclusive deals, tricks and MoneySaving guides, all aimed at helping people make the most of their cash. The MSE Forum is a lively and supportive community, with more than 1.5 million users taking part in 3 million discussions ranging from making the most of your credit card to good old-fashioned thrifty budgeting. In addition, our Cheap Energy Club takes the hard work out of switching energy and saving on energy bills whilst the newly launched Credit Club is a great way of managing an array of financial decisions.
But what really makes MSE stand-out from the crowd is the Editorial Code, which lies at the heart of everything we do. Regardless of your role at MSE, it’s everybody’s job to champion the consumer - and that makes us a truly unique, exciting and rewarding place to work. If you are inspired by what we do or see yourself as a passionate consumer champion, and have the grit and enthusiasm along with the skills we seek, a career in MSE might just be the right career step you are looking for.
Why Join our Team?
We aim to take the hassle out of MoneySaving by combining technology and product innovation with our editorial expertise. Instead of telling you how you can save money, we’ll do the hard work for you. The Clubs team is responsible for the smooth running of Energy Club and Credit Club and ensuring users get all the help they need when using the tools. We also send out all scheduled and campaign emails and run MSE’s huge energy collective switches.
We currently email users to update them on their energy savings options or credit information, sending thousands of emails every month. We want to step this up a notch, to ensure that people get the right (personalised) information at the right time, allowing them to make informed decisions even more easily and save more money. For example, over 60% of the UK is overpaying on energy bills by staying on pricey standard energy tariffs. Part of your job will be - via email campaign strategy - to educate and empower people to make a change.
As a team we’re sociable, friendly and enjoy collaborating with other teams across the organization so they achieve their objectives as well as being helpful experts in our own areas. We work closely with the product, editorial and commercial/analytics teams to give users the best experience and outcomes possible and strive for improvement every day even in the small things.
What will I be doing?
- Own and implement the Clubs CRM strategy to ensure we’re providing relevant information and to increase engagement.
- Ensure insights are used to inform, develop and manage campaign plans.
- Fully responsible for the planning, execution and reporting of the CRM campaigns.
- Develop a process for easy AB testing of different email content, to ensure we’re continually optimising.
- Responsible for the development and delivery of weekly & monthly reports to quantify the impact of implemented tactics.
- Develop processes to drive collaboration and consistency between internal and external teams involved in email communication.
- Ensure all content within emails is in line with MSE’s editorial code, style and voice and is 100% accurate at all times.
- Champion a best-in-class experience for users across all devices.
- Ensure the CRM platform structure is fit for purpose and ensure it works seamlessly across the organisation.
- Work closely with the product team to ensure the email strategy aligns and supports the product roadmap and vice versa.
What skills and experience do I need?
- Strong background in e-mail marketing and proven record in successfully planning and executing CRM strategies.
- Experience in using eCRM Software, including data manipulation and campaign list selections.
- Skills and experience to analyse large data sets (quantitative and qualitative) with the ability to extract and present meaningful and actionable insights.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills – with the ability to make complex issues understandable
- A ‘can-do’ attitude, acting as a self-starter with a high level of initiative.
- Excellent organizational and workload management skills.
- Experience working in a fast paced environment and able to deliver under pressure.
- Highly numerate with good Excel skills, coupled with an excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a matrix organization, engaging colleagues across different teams in order to deliver objectives.
Nice to have:
- Educated to degree level
- Content production in a journalistic/publishing environment
- Personal finance knowledge in particular energy or credit scoring
- Passion for MoneySaving
- Line management/staff development experience