About MSM Group
Through our four leading brands, MoneySuperMarket.com, TravelSupermarket.com, MoneySavingExpert.com, and Ontrees.com, we are committed to providing our customers with the services and products they need to save money.
We provide a place for consumers and providers to come together. We ensure all our services, websites, and mobile apps are easy to use and transparent; we put our customers first.
Find out more about us by clicking here!
Why Join the Risk and Compliance Team?
You will join a growing team responsible for providing risk and compliance support across a broad range of services, including insurance, consumer credit, travel and energy.
You will have the opportunity to work within a dynamic business with a unique culture. The role will enable you to work across the whole Group and really make a difference. You will get to work with a diverse range of people with different views, perspectives and priorities and challenge accordingly.
This business is more than a financial services business, it’s a business committed to saving customers money and putting customers first. This goes in hand in hand with our team culture of putting customers at the heart of everything we do and continuously striving for excellence.
What will I be doing?
- Engaging with Group Technology and Data Management teams through the operation of the Risk & Compliance framework to ensure risk and compliance matters are identified and managed effectively.
- Representing Risk & Compliance at relevant functional and change meetings, and third party providers and partners as necessary.
- Support and perform Risk & Compliance training and awareness activities across the MoneySuperMarket.com Group.
- Supporting implementation and maintenance of an effective risk and conduct culture.
- Managing the implementation of Risk & Compliance framework across operational and change activities of MoneySuperMarket.com Group, identifying opportunities for enhancement where appropriate. Maintain key policies and standards as required to support the framework.
- Providing risk and compliance advice to Technology / Data teams which enables management to make informed business decisions which reflect regulatory expectations and risks.
- Tracking progress of the management and resolution of risk issues and breaches across Technology and Data teams.
- Supporting the analysis of the impact of regulatory change to the MoneySuperMarket.com Group and the effective implementation.
- Producing inputs for the relevant sections of regular Risk & Compliance reporting to Senior Management, Executive Management and Board (including Board sub-committees).
- You should have a deep understanding and knowledge of Technology and risk management / compliance requirements.
- Developing good knowledge of all applicable UK legislation, codes of practice, industry guidelines and best practice (including, but not limited to FCA, ICO, OFGEM, ASA and CMA) that have the potential to impact the MoneySuperMarket.com Group.
- Building network of relevant external relationships to assist in understanding of trends and developments within risk and compliance
- Developing strong network of relationships across the MoneySuperMarket.com Group.
- Provide high quality, timely and clear advice and support to allocated business activities on risk and compliance matters.
- Ensuring that allocated business activities understand and fulfil responsibilities within Risk & Compliance framework.
- You will have knowledge of business strategy and operations to enable analysis of impact of risk and compliance matters.
- Ensuring timely production of inputs to high quality reports for use by Senior Management, Executive Management and Board (including sub-committees).
- Operating independently of business management in determination of advice and support.
What skills and experience do I need?
- Good understanding of risk management framework (including but not limited to operational, conduct, financial, data protection and information security), with deep area of specialism of IT risk management.
- Good knowledge of MoneySuperMarket.com Group business model and operational activity.
- Understanding of FCA regulatory requirements across General Insurance, Consumer Credit and Mortgage products.
- Understanding of UK and European legislation (e.g. CIA, DPA, IMD), codes of practice and industry guidelines affecting the MoneySuperMarket.com Group.
- Educated to degree level.
- Microsoft Office Packages i.e. Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel.
- Strong communications skills, both orally and in writing across all levels of management.
- Practical and pragmatic approach to problem solving which balances commercial and regulatory objectives.
- Ability to form close working relationships across the business and influence management and stakeholders.
- Highly motivated individual with the ability to work independently.
- Ability to operate effectively within a fast paced organisation.
- Independence of mind and approach.
- Risk and/or Compliance experience gained within a relevant FCA regulated environment.
- Risk Management qualification.
- Experience of online and digital operations.