Why Join MoneySavingExpert.com?
MoneySavingExpert.com (MSE) is the UK’s biggest consumer website. It provides millions of users with free, independent, editorially-led information about all things money. The goal for everyone working at MSE is simple – we’re dedicated to cutting consumer bills and fighting hard for financial justice for everyone. We get around 15m Money Savers to our website every month. Our weekly email is full of exclusive deals, tricks and MoneySaving guides, all aimed at helping people make the most of their cash. The MSE Forum is a lively and supportive community, with more than 1.5 million users taking part in 3 million discussions ranging from making the most of your credit card to good old-fashioned thrifty budgeting. In addition, our Cheap Energy Club takes the hard work out of switching energy and saving on energy bills whilst the newly launched Credit Club is a great way of managing an array of financial decisions.
But what really makes MSE stand-out from the crowd is the Editorial Code, which lies at the heart of everything we do. Regardless of your role at MSE, it’s everybody’s job to champion the consumer - and that makes us a truly unique, exciting and rewarding place to work. If you are inspired by what we do or see yourself as a passionate consumer champion, and have the grit and enthusiasm along with the skills we seek, a career in MSE might just be the right career step you are looking for.
Why Join the Clubs & Operations Clubs & Operations Team?
The team is responsible for the smooth running of Energy Club, Credit Club and other digital tools. We also ensure users get all the help they need by answering the 100s of queries we receive about these tools and the site in general. Plus we send out all scheduled and campaign emails for the Clubs and run MSE’s huge energy collective switches.
We have an amazing feedback loop with our users which helps us understand trends, problems, poor companies and injustices that are then used to develop our next campaign, new tools or improve existing tools. You will be pivotal in making sure we help users as much as possible and use the feedback we receive to fight back against consumer injustices.
As a team we’re sociable, friendly and enjoy collaborating with other teams across the organization so they achieve their objectives as well as being helpful experts in our own areas. We work closely with the product, editorial and commercial/analytics teams to give users the best experience and outcomes possible and strive for improvement every day, even in the small things.
What will I be doing?
- Leading the user relations team of three to ensure all queries/complaints are responded to quickly and efficiently and in line with MSE’s consumer champion stance and editorial guidelines.
- Ensuring the team achieves a high level of service, provides excellent information sign posting, efficiency and productivity by assigning tasks, coaching, giving feedback and always leading by example
- Ensuring all complaints about deals and offers featured on the site are thoroughly investigated by the team, by:
- Liaising with the problematic firms, building relationships to ensure timeframes are met and users receive appropriate redress
- Liaising with users for information to allow suppliers to deal with any complaints
- Liaising with internal teams
- Managing MSE’s user relations and complaints processes
- Continuously developing existing processes and procedures by challenging current practices and putting in new ones where appropriate
- Maintaining an up-to-date knowledge of financial regulations (eg, FCA complaints handling, SCOR guidelines)
- Spotting systemic issues and constantly carrying out root cause analysis, working with teams across the organisation, especially operations, to resolve issues and improve processes
- Measuring, monitoring, analysing and reporting on key data – reporting to the senior leadership team as required
- Flagging systemic issues / complaints about banks/companies to the news team for possible news stories.
- Understanding consumer trends / user feedback to contribute to the innovation of tools and guides.
- Resource and workflow planning
- Developing an understanding of end to end functions outside of own area in order to consider the impact of their work in context
What skills and experience do I need?
- Ability to put users’ needs first
- Proven people manager, with a leadership style based on coaching, mentoring and people development
- Tenacity to get to the bottom of users’ problems
- Flexible attitude and positive approach to change
- Self-motivated, energetic and proactive
- Ability to analyse data effectively with a high attention to detail
- Management experience in a regulated environment
- Strong communication skills with the ability to present ideas confidently and clearly influence decision-making across a number of different areas.
- The ability to challenge constructively and drive results from teams where there are conflicting priorities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Educated to degree level of equivalent vocational training/experience
- Knowledge of TCF policy
Nice to have:
- Experience working in a digital environment / around web journeys
- Experience in supporting the delivery of projects or initiatives